OPUS for Mac OSX (Intel)?

Moderators: Andreas Mohr, rah

poduska

OPUS for Mac OSX (Intel)?

Post by poduska » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Is there any feedback from users who've tried to install the Linux port for OPUS on Mac OSX?

Thanks!
Kris Poduska

Ian

Not sure

Post by Ian » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:07 pm

I've just installed the linux version running in an ubuntu 10.04.03 virtual machine using VirtualBox on top of lion. It took a fair amount of fiddling, but got there in the end.

What I learned:

The text help file emailed to me told me that opus could be launched using the start script

Code: Select all

opus_launcher
This could not be found. Digging through the help files in the install I found that the script was named

opus_launcher.sh
installation of the libraries listed in the readme mostly worked, although I had some troubles with libexpat.so.0
using

cd /usr/lib/opus/bin
and then

ln -s /usr/lib/libexpat.so libexpat.so.0
finally allowed me to open opus.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Andreas Mohr

Re: Not sure

Post by Andreas Mohr » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Ian wrote:I've just installed the linux version running in an ubuntu 10.04.03 virtual machine using VirtualBox on top of lion. It took a fair amount of fiddling, but got there in the end.

What I learned:

The text help file emailed to me told me that opus could be launched using the start script

opus_launcher
This could not be found. Digging through the help files in the install I found that the script was named

opus_launcher.sh
Ah, right, this reminded me that the registration-mailed README files need updating, too (now took a note to have this checked each time). Thank you!

Judging from your posting I assume you're talking about the previous OPUS package.
Ian wrote:

installation of the libraries listed in the readme mostly worked, although I had some troubles with libexpat.so.0
This dependency fortunately isn't needed any more.

Sorry for delay (no automatic notification on foreign discussions).

Any further questions?

Thank you for your report!

Yours sincerely

Andreas Mohr