Status OPUS on Linux and CentOS 6.4

Moderators: Andreas Mohr, rah

molland

Status OPUS on Linux and CentOS 6.4

Post by molland » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 am

I managed to install the latest version of OPUS for Linux on CentOS 6.4 64bit. It works reasonably well, with occasional crashes though. Having OPUS in a Linux environment turned out to be very handy.

As the last update dates back to 2011, I am wondering what the current status of the development is.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Andreas Mohr

Re: Status OPUS on Linux and CentOS 6.4

Post by Andreas Mohr » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:08 am

Hello,

sorry for the delayed reply! (phpBB has major issues with providing forum-global notifications, even in this newer version)

While the current release packages are rather old (which, due to being built against the very conservative RHEL may develop into even more of a compatibility problem on other distributions), there's continuing effort to eventually provide updated packages. This, however, translates into a lot of work due to massive ongoing (and potentially incompatible - it's getting better though...) updates in source tree which continually lead to build breakage on any environments other than Windows 7/XP.

Building a package based on stable-branching an older version (if at all desired) would be... "somewhat problematic".

Thus, I'm targeting an update "in a couple months".

Thank you for your sufficiently encouraging report!