Auto login

Moderators: Andreas Mohr, rah

DrDonald

Auto login

Post by DrDonald » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:10 am

I'm working with a matlab/vb.net application where I need to run a few hundred OPUS models in batch modes and would like to be able to auto login onto OPUS using a shell command line stating the user name, pw and the workspace. I would also like to skip the splash screen of my current licences too.

Best regards,

David

Andreas Mohr

Re: Auto login

Post by Andreas Mohr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Dear Mr. DrDonald,

oh well, I'll have to apologize again for the forum's glaring lack of a "new posting" notifications feature and me missing my bi-weekly workaround cron message, too
(sorry for the resulting terribly long delay!).

What you're looking for (and very precisely, I might add) is the OPUS command line option /DIRECTLOGINPASSWORD=foo
(however be warned that this feature is characterised to have UNDOCUMENTED status).
This will achieve both of your current desires [it likely will not cure world hunger]:
- auto login
- disabling of the splash-style launch of About dialog

Thus, to activate automatic login with the workspace currently used by the selected user,
try syntax
opus.exe /DIRECTLOGINPASSWORD=USERID@PASSWORD

In case of any additional questions, please report back.

Yours sincerely

Andreas Mohr

DrDonald

Re: Auto login

Post by DrDonald » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:36 am

Thanks Andreas,
I included the syntax /DIRECTLOGINPASSWORD=Default@OPUS and it got one step in curing world hunger by assisting in improving the efficiency in breeding better sugar cane plant varieties! Your syntax worked beautifully. OPUS started in the previous workspace (desired) and skipped the splash screen. I also ran a script from the windows shell too. Below is the VB.net (4.5) code that I used:

Dim p As New ProcessStartInfo
p.FileName = MyOPUSPath
p.Arguments = " /DIRECTLOGINPASSWORD=Default@OPUS /SCRIPT=MyOPUSStartScriptPath"

Process.Start(p)

Thanks again

David Donald